Thursday, June 6, 2013

DSM 5 criteria for Autism.

Hello,
      As most of you know the DSM 5 was released earlier last month. The dsm 5 for those who don't know is the fifth edition of the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. This is basically a revised updated edition of the dsm. This was a high,y controversial revision as just about everything in the dsm changed? One of the most controversial changes was to autism. The 5 autism spectrum disorders where merged into one disorder known as autism spectrum disorder.  These are Aspergers, childhood disintegrative disorder classic autism and pdd -nos. I want to make it very lol ear anyone who has previously been diagnosed with any of the above are automatically now considered to have autism spectrum disorder and will not loose their diagnosis and should not loose any services! It hey also added severity levels to the dsm. I have spent the last few weeks trying to get a view of the final criteria and I have finaly gotten it and couldn't wait to share it with my readers. Here it is. Sorry the photos are kind of bad I took them with a cell phone.these are from a small dsm. Handbook I hope to obtain photo copies of the criteria from the big dsm 5 soon!  I will also post a link to a video explaining them.  I hope you enjoy I want to know what do you think of the new criteria? Would you add or change anything?  If you disagree with someone I simply ask that you not turn it into a fight thank you
      
                -AutismDogGirl


Dsm 5 criteria 








No comments:

Post a Comment