Saturday, November 30, 2013

The perfect ipad case.....

Hello,
        
       Over the last few months I have been looking into getting a new case for my ipad, I love the case I have now and it has saved my ipad countless times! however it isn't quite sufficient for what I need. Here is my current case



As you can see it is a really nice case and has many great features to it.

1. It is very durable -it does a good job protecting my ipad mum the ever frequent accidental drops, falls,  bangs into walls and waps from the over excited Nimrodel's tail when I return home!

2.  It has a handle!!! - I absolutely love the handle feature to it!! I use the hand frequently and  ad you app an see I have also used the handle to add features to the case it didn't have.

3.  It is soft! -What you can't tell from this photo is that this case is actually a soft rubbery sort of material, (though the teeth marks on the handle might give a hint to that if you can see them!)   The soft material means it doesn't hurt as much when it bangs against my sides, it bounces off of hard surfaces realtivly easily and when it does it isn't very loud!  At night I hang my ipad up on a hook to charge and I do feel that the softer casing  makes this safer for the wall.


However it does have it's drawbacks  for me there arr a few draw backs 

1 the fist is a major drawback and by far the biggest is that it is not water proof. For e this is a feature that I really need. Using an ipad for communication as well as everyday basic living I need to be able to take out and use my ipad in the rain with out worrying about it getting ruined in the rain! A water proof ipad would also enabled me to hanging it up in the shower or be able to use it while spending time in the pool, fishing or any activity that may cause the ipad to come in contact with water.

2 it doesn't have a screen protector-while this can be bought at a store I do wish there was one a part of the case.

3  it doesn't boost the sound- this is another big one for me. Using the ipad for an AAC device means I need it to be able to be heard in public  so if the case could boost the sound (especially if it could do it significantly would be highly benificial!


So what would be the perfect ipad case? 

1. MUST be FULLY water proof protect against being submerged 
2. It MUSt be able to protect the ipad against, drops, falls, being thrown, stepped on and run over!
3. Fire resistant,
4. Shock resistant,
3. Amplifies sound-  this is crutial when using the ipad as an AAC device!
4. Have a built in.  Screen protector 
5. Have a handle
6 . It should also have an optional shoulder strap
7.  Should have a soft outside  (if possible  but the handle should defiantly be soft)
8. Light wieght
8. Easy access to ports and have a way to use the ports and remain waterproof
9. Home screen protector , it would be good the be able to block off the home screen button so it isn't accidently hit and close out of ap
 10. Will NOT interfere with with wireless signal or blue tooth
11. Come in many different colors!!!!
12. affordable!!!!! Seriously this shouldn't cost the same as a new ipad! Ideally this case won't clost more then $200

These are features that would be benificial to many on the autism spectrum and using thier iPads as aac devices or just as a general life organizational and matnance tool.  It is crutial that these device be able to be used in a multitude of various enviorments and impacts. I pads are very expensive and when your ipad is your lifeline it really needs a case designed to handle eepverything life has to throw at it.. I really hope that someone could make this case and have it available to everyone! 
                       
                                                 -AutismDogGirl 

1 comment: